To say that social media has changed our way of life is an understatement. Since its inception, it is consistently shaping the way we receive news, interacting with our friends and other networks, and, most importantly, changing the world of business, especially when it comes to marketing and branding. Social media is powerful, unavoidable, and it’s everywhere. And by all means, it is here to stay. For this reason, the sooner your medspa or health clinic accepts its existence and acknowledges its tremendous benefits, the better for its continued growth.
Among the various social media sites, Facebook takes the lead in, among many other things, the following. It is the market leader and enjoys a following of more than 2.32 billion active monthly users. That’s massive! Active, in this case, means people who logged into Facebook during the last 30 days.
Since its inception, Facebook has remained the most widely used social media platform. That’s one reason your medspa or health clinic cannot afford to ignore its incredible potential as far as the growth and continued existence are concerned.
There are many ways to use Facebook to reach out to and retain as many patients as possible. The business manager – which is our main focus today – is one of the most useful FB features. In this article, I will explain what Facebook Business Manager is, its key functions, how to create FB Business Manager, and how to create your very first Ad. If you are a beginner, the more reason you should read this post to the end.
What Is Facebook Business Manager?
According to Facebook, the business manager acts as a one-stop-shop for managing multiple FB pages, Ad accounts, Instagram accounts, product catalogues, business assets, and the access of employees to these assets – all in one place. FB business manager offers partial or full access to your workers according to their roles. You can, therefore, delegate tasks securely amongst multiple employees.
Facebook business manager performs the following key roles;
- You get to manage multiple FB pages and Ad accounts from one dashboard.
- You can easily add or remove workers/agencies.
- It gives you access to useful pixel data.
- You can generate custom audiences for advertising purposes.
- You get access to product catalogues.
- You efficiently manage your Facebook Ads billing details.
- It gives varying levels of permissions to people in your organization according to different objectives.
Are you still wondering if your medspa or health clinic needs an FB business manager? Look at the following checklist.
- Do you have a team of employees handling the marketing efforts and social media presence of your med spa/health clinic?
- Do you collaborate with vendors who assist you in running or managing your firm’s Ads or Facebook page? If yes, do you feel hesitant about handing over all your assets?
- Do you wish to gain control over the people who have access to your FB page’s dashboard? Are you afraid of handing over ownership to agencies or employees who manage your med spa/health clinic assets?
If you’ve answered “yes” to one or more of the above three questions, then you should seriously consider setting up a Facebook Business Manager.
“Okay! So, where do I begin?” You wonder! Don’t worry; I have your back. In the next section, I have highlighted a step by step guide for setting up a FB business manager.
A Comprehensive Guide on Setting up FB Business Manager
Step 1: Creating an Account
Do you have an active Facebook profile? If not, create one first and then proceed with the following steps.
Proceed to https://business.facebook.com and click on the “CREATE ACCOUNT” button on the screen’s far top right.
On the next page, you will be required to log in using your Facebook credentials. Provide your email address and password, and then login.
Next, click on “Create Account.” A pop up will appear where you are supposed to fill in your business & account name, your name, and business email.
After supplying that information, click “submit.” A pop-up window will appear informing you that the account has been created. Proceed by providing more details about your business, such as website, physical address, and phone number. Upon completion, click “Submit.” At this point, you should get a notification in the form of a pop up that you need to confirm your email address by clicking the link sent to your email inbox. Once you’ve confirmed your email address, that’s it.
Congratulations! You now have a Facebook Business Manager.
Step 2: Linking your Facebook Pages
Do you have a Facebook page or Instagram business account? This is the point at which you link your newly created business manager account with all the Instagram and Facebook pages you’ve been managing. Thankfully, if you don’t have an existing FB page, your Business Manager dashboard gives you two options: creating a page or adding a page.
To link your BM with your existing page, hit the “Add Page” button, after which you will be asked to enter the name of your page or URL. Note that Facebook approves link requests automatically for admins. If you don’t have a FB Page, click “Create Page” and follow the prompts.
Linking all the pages you manage with your Facebook Business Manager allows you to keep track of all the posts you publish. You will also be able to monitor the performance metrics of these posts, such as Clicks/action and Facebook reach, in one place. Being aware of these metrics helps you know if your efforts are paying off and to what extent.
Step Three: Adding Users
Locate “Settings” at the bottom left of the Facebook Business Suite dashboard and click on it. On the next page, you will see “+Add People” on the top right side. Click on that. From there, type the name and email address of the person you are assigning a role to. On the right side, there is a dropdown menu where you are supposed to choose the role you are giving the people you add. Provide that information and then click “Add.”
4. Linking Your FB Ads Account
The Ad Accounts on the Business Manager works the same way as the Pages. It gives you a Birdseye view of all the Ad Accounts you’ve linked to the FB Business Manager. It makes it possible for you to manage the user as well as permission levels for all your Ad Accounts.
For you to run Ads via Facebook Business Manager, you must link your Ad account. Again, no need to worry if you don’t have an existing Ad Account. You can always create a new one. Follow the steps below to add an Ad Account to your Facebook Business Manager.
- Proceed to Business Settings (Click on More Tools and follow prompts to locate Business Settings).
- On the left side menu, look for Accounts and click on it.
- On the blue “Add” button, click on its dropdown menu.
- The dropdown menu reveals three options, namely “Add an Ad Account,” “Request Access to an Ad Account,” and “Create a New Ad Account.” Choose one of these options.
- Unless you are an agency or you aren’t an admin of the account, choose “Add an Ad Account.”
- Follow the instructions given to choose people and the access levels.
There are two things worth noting;
- Adding an Ad Account to your Business Manager moves it there permanently. To add an Ad Account, you must own the Ad account and be an admin of the FB Business Manager in question. As a reminder, the process of adding an Ad Account to the FB Business Manager is irreversible.
- If you choose to create a new Ad account in the FB Business Manager, kindly note that it will permanently belong there. As a result, you cannot transfer the Ad account to an individual who doesn’t own a Business Manager.
Do you already have your Ad account on your Business Manager? If yes, then you can create that first Ad! We will talk about how to create an Ad on FB Business on a different occasion.
To this end, you now have an operational FB Business Manager. We have learned how to set it up, adding people, adding Ad Accounts, and Linking to FB pages and Instagram Pages. Make maximum use of this guide to understand the basics of setting up and using the FB Business Manager.
This FB tool isn’t exactly easy to use. As a beginner, it will take you some time to get used to its numerous features. However, to reach more patients out there, FB Business Manager is a must-have. At this point, there is no going back. Upon setting it up, you must use it to manage your FB and Instagram pages and Ad Accounts (if you’ve added them). However, what could be better than having a better overview when working with several pages, simplified user administration thanks to role distribution, and access management for increased safety? Nothing! Facebook Business Manager is the real deal.
Do You Want 20-40 Booked Appointments Every Single Month?
Get 20-40 New Patients Reaching Out To YOU In Your First Month With Our New System or Your Money Back… GUARANTEED!